Recreating on Hampton Lands

Most of Hampton’s forestland in Oregon and Washington is open to the public, though fee access permits are currently required for some of our forestlands in Washington.  While overnight camping and campfires are prohibited, our lands can be used for wildlife viewing, hiking, biking, hunting, fishing, and foraging year-round, except during periods of high fire danger. On occasion, certain roads might also be gated due to forestry operations. If you decide to venture out into a private working forest, please respect the work and the environment. Please keep out of active harvest areas and always be mindful of fire danger.


Nearly all of Hampton forestland in northwest Oregon is open to the public under general access. We do close our lands when fire risk is high. For current closure information, click here.   Some of these lands fall under Oregon Department of Fish & Wildlife’s Cooperative Travel Management Areas (TMAs) and Access & Habitat Program.




Our North Cascades lands, located in Whatcom, Skagit, and Snohomish Counties have a variety of different recreational access opportunities, including general access, fee access permit areas, and recreational leases. The fee access permit areas and recreational leases are listed and managed through My Outdoor Agent.

2023-2024 North Cascades recreation permits will go on sale June 22 at 5:00 PM PST. 



Our forestlands in Pierce County all require recreational access permits.  The majority of our Pierce County lands are a part of our expanded Eatonville recreation area, previously managed by Manulife Investment Management (Hancock Forest Management).  Permits are available for purchase now through the My Outdoor Agent platform. There are a total of 275 permits available, though they are selling quickly.  The recreation term for the Eatonville permit begins May 1 and ends December 31 each year. The property is closed to all recreation access from January 1 to April 30. While the permit is similar to years past, it has changed in some ways.  Please refer to the permit agreement to answer most if not all of your questions.  Should you have additional questions after reading through the agreement please route them through My Outdoor Agent, the recreation managers.


Our forestlands in Pacific and Wahkiakum Counties are open to the public for recreation under general access.