hampton scholarship program
From Our Family to Yours
In 2017, we proudly launched an annual competitive scholarship program for immediate family members (children and spouses) of Hampton employees interested in furthering their education. While Hampton already offers job-related tuition reimbursement for employees, we’re excited to extend this opportunity to our employees’ families. Since 2017, the Hampton Scholarship program has supported 48 students in furthering their education. The scholarship, managed by Scholarship America provides awards ranging from $5,000 to $7,500 for full-time undergraduate or vocational study ($2,500-$3,750 for part-time study). Awards are renewable for up to three years or until a degree or certification is obtained. Preference will be given to students pursuing a degree or certification in trades or technical fields. For more information about the scholarship, please contact Scholarship America.
2022 Scholarship Deadline
- Be a qualified spouse, domestic partner, or dependent child (aged 17-26) of a current full-time Hampton employee who has a minimum of two years employment with the company.
- Be a high school senior or graduate or a current post-secondary undergraduate. GED recipients and home-school graduates are also eligible.
- Plan to enroll in full-time or part-time undergraduate study at an accredited two- or four-year college or university or a vocational-technical school for the upcoming academic year.
Preference will be given to applicants pursuing a degree or certificate in following trade/technical fields:
- Building construction
- Office Administration
- Human resources
- Manufacturing & industrial technology
- Truck driving
- Supply chain & logistics
Preference will also be given to students attending the following institutions:
- Centralia College
- Perry Tech
- Skagit Valley College
- Portland Community College
- Clatsop Community College
- Tillamook Bay Community College
- Chemeketa Community College
- Linn-Benton Community College
- College of New Caledonia
Selection of recipients is made by Scholarship America. In no instance does any officer or employee of Hampton Lumber play a part in the selection. Children and spouses of executives and shareholders are ineligible.
Application Dates for 2022
Applications accepted from:
April 12, 2022 (4:00am PST)
June 1, 2022 (1:00pm PST)
Results from Past Years
2018 – 16 new awards
2019 – 17 new awards, 13 renewals
2020 – 15 new awards, 23 renewals
2021 – 24 new awards, 23 renewals